Providing Skilled Advocacy in Fort Walton Beach
At Dowd Law Firm, our Fort Walton Beach estate and probate attorneys help clients throughout the Florida Panhandle region plan for the future and settle the affairs of loved ones who have passed away. If you are taking your first steps into estate planning or need to change an outdated or out-of-state plan that needs to be updated, or if you need help administering a loved one's estate, we look forward to assisting you with any of your concerns in the area of probate law.
Our estate and probate services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Wills and trusts: Your will is the cornerstone of your estate plan and should be carefully drafted to achieve your goals. Depending on your personal circumstances, we may recommend drafting a revocable or irrevocable trust agreement in addition to your will.
- Asset protection: If you are concerned about protecting your assets from personal and/or business creditors, our attorneys can evaluate your circumstances and advise you on the use of estate planning and entity formation strategies to achieve your objectives.
- Incapacity planning: Our attorneys draft living wills and powers of attorney to address the needs of clients who are concerned about what will happen if they become incapable of caring for themselves. We also assist clients with the creation of guardianships.
- Elder care planning: If you are concerned about what will happen to your assets in the event you need to go into a nursing home or receive in-home nursing care, we can help you plan ahead to take full advantage of Medicaid and other government benefits.
- Estate administration: Our experienced probate lawyers frequently assist personal representatives (executors) with the administration of estates in probate court. We also advise trustees on the administration of trusts and represent parties in estate litigation.
Handling Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills
Based in Fort Walton Beach, our firm serves clients throughout the Panhandle, as well as out-of-state clients who have estate administration responsibilities in the region. We offer comprehensive case evaluations to help our clients get started.
To schedule a meeting with one of our Fort Walton Beach attorneys, please contact us at (850) 972-2233.