Seasoned Attorney John R. Dowd Jr.
Serving Clients In Fort Walton Beach, FL
John R. Dowd, Jr. is a lifelong resident of Okaloosa County and has been practicing in the area since 1996. Attorney Dowd comes from a family dedicated to legal matters, as his father, John, Sr., was the Okaloosa County attorney for more than 40 years and his grandfather, Earnest Wimberly, was one of the first attorneys in South Okaloosa County and represented several prominent banks and real estate developers in Northwest Florida.
John’s office was in Destin for 10 years but moved to Fort Walton Beach in 2010 to be closer to the new Okaloosa County Courthouse and County governmental offices. His comprehensive knowledge of real estate and business enables him to be a valuable asset to you in these areas.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection
- Construction Law
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Florida, 1996
- Member of the Florida Sheriff’s Association
- Board Member of The Building Industry Association of Okaloosa & Walton Counties, Inc.
Contact our Fort Walton Beach lawyer today to arrange for an in-depth legal consultation.
John also practices in the area of estate planning and asset protection and will react quickly if necessary to provide prompt and solid guidance in these areas. He is highly creative and prides himself on always trying to find the fastest and least expensive method in which to solve a client’s issue. John is the President of Dowd Law Firm. He was admitted to the Florida state bar in 1996.
- Represent clients on all their real estate and business needs, including litigation, related to easements, contracts, foreclosures, land-use issues, landlord and tenant issues, business disputes, and other areas.
- Been involved with the closing of over half a billion dollars in real estate transactions since 2000
- Represent developers and property owners in approval and permitting processes for real estate development projects, rezoning, and comprehensive plan amendments.
- Represent owners, contractors, developers, builders and real estate managers in commercial transactions.
- Represent both plaintiffs and defendants in loan workouts, mortgage foreclosures, and complex real estate litigation
- Represent property managers and homeowners and condominium associations and always look for creative ways to save these organizations and the owner's legal fees.
- Estate planning and asset protection (including wills, estates, trust and probate matters)
To make an appointment with a Fort Walton Beach attorney, call him today at (850) 972-2233.
Jake, thank you for all of your help as usual. You are a gem. Glad to have this fabulous law firm in our corner.- Stevie
I have worked for a local Real Estate Company for 12 years and have needed the assistance of an attorney periodically. I have recently started using the Dowd Firm. Their professionalism and dedication are unsurpassed. I without reservation recommend this firm. You won't find a better staff and attorney's to work with.- S.M.
Made the decision to go with this firm due to their very nice staff. Estate Planning and Real Estate can be really complicated but they were so knowledgeable and explained things really well. The ladies who took my call were so sweet and helpful and I am so glad I chose this firm!- Tony G.
Dear Jake, Thank you so much for your outstanding skill at convincing people to follow the laws of their contractual agreements. We tried for years as you know to no avail. Whatever you said to the Parises enabled the sale of our lot to close on time. That is all AJ and I wanted for Christmas, to be rid of that mortgage. We are extremely grateful to you and your team. We will definitely recommend you to anyone we know looking for legal aid. We wish you the very best for your upcoming marriage and desires for a growing family. Having a loving and supportive partner through life's experiences is a treasure that is beyond measure and compare. If there is ever anything that we can do or suggest based on our experiences for you and yours please don't hesitate to reach out to us.- M.B.
I am so incredibly pleased with the service I have received from Angie! I was in a huge pinch with my home insurance and needed to do a title transfer on my house extremely quickly, and Angie has gone above and beyond, completely taking care of me. She has been extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and so easy to communicate with. I will absolutely be reaching out to her for all of my legal needs in regards to real estate in the future!!- Devin R.
Angie and Brittany were so kind and helpful on the phone. Calling a law firm can always be a little nerve wrecking especially if it’s your first time but they made me feel so comfortable. Mr. Dowd is so knowledgeable in probate and real estate that I would not recommend anyone else other than him on the Emerald Coast. Just overall the best staff!!- Jessica G.
An amazing company, easy to work with and everyone is very knowledgeable! 5 stars and highly recommend!- Laura
The Dowd Law firm is an excellent law firm. The attorneys and firm have a long a history of quality representation in the Panhandle (Fort Walton Beach) and the surrounding areas. The attorneys are professional, consistent, and conscientious. If you want an attorney with a strong work ethic and family values, you should contact the Dowd Law Firm.- D.W.